Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats without Gelatin {SRC}


It's Secret Recipe Club time again!  This month I was assigned Shockingly Delicious written by Dorothy.  I was so excited when I saw that I was assigned Dorothy's blog.  I have been following her blog for a few months now and had already bookmarked a couple of recipes to try!  But I still spent time to go through all her recipes and found some I will definitely be making in the future like this chili and her Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs.  I also have my eye on Dorothy's Green Tomato Chutney as our garden is overflowing with green tomatoes.  But in the end I chose Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats to make for today's reveal.  My main reason was that Hasan's favorite cookies are Oreos and he also loves Rice Krispies Treats so it was a perfect combination.

I had Hasan help me make these one day after school and of course Bilal came running to help too.  I had them pour in the Rice Krispies and Oreo chunks while I mixed it.  Since I was making something that Hasan would love I had to picture them in Mighty Machines.  Anyone that knows Hasan knows he's crazy about Mighty Machines.

The boys loved them!  We served them to guests as well and they were also crazy about them!  I made some changes to the recipe.  I used Marshmallow Fluff instead of marshmallows.  The Halal marshmallows make very tough Rice Kripsies Treats.  When using Marshmallow Fluff you need to reduce the amount of Rice Krispies.  I also reduced the amount of Oreo Cookies and white chocolate to adjust the sweetness to our taste.  Thank you Dorothy for a great recipe!

Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
Adapted from Shockingly Delicious

1 jar Marshmallow Fluff
5 cups Rice Krispies
4 tbsp unsalted butter
12 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped

1/2 cup white chocolate chips (can increase to 1 cup)
8 Oreo Cookies, processed in a food processor or chopper until powdered

Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.  I lined my non stick cake pan with foil and then sprayed with some oil.

In a large pot on medium-low heat, melt butter.  We want to brown the butter.  First it will melt, next foam.  The butter will become a clear golden and then brown.  Stir frequently and keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn.

Reduce heat to low and add the marshmallow fluff.  Mix well.  Next remove from heat and add the rice krispies and coarsely chopped Oreos one cup at a time.  Transfer to the prepared baking pan and spread.  Press down with a spatula.

Melt the white chocolate and spread on top.  Sprinkle the Oreo "dust" on top.  Press lightly.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.  This will make it easier to cut.

Cut into squares and enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

Linking up here.

24 comments:

  1. oh they look so yummy! Just just love the way you "plated" them, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these look great! I love that you let your boys belp you make them, too! I have lots of fond memories of making rice krispies with my mom. Cute truck picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Oreos. What a fun, new way to use them. I can tell I would adore a bite of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy! I love how I could easily make these gluten free! Does using marshmallow fluff work better than using actual marshmallows?

    Your picture is super happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My oldest son loves Mighty Machines...we basically have a construction site in our home :) He loved these treats so I had to make the picture represent him :)

      I find marshmallow fluff difficult to get out of the jar...it's very sticky. You can hop over to Dorothy's blog to see the original recipe where she uses store bought marshmallows. With fluff you need to reduce the amount of rice krispies. I used it b/c it is gelatin-free.

      Delete
  5. I would never have thought to add oreo to rice krispies! I am so raiding my kids' rice krispies to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun that you let your kids help out and I love the presentation in the truck! Anything with oreo and fluff is a must have treat in this house:-) Great SRC post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decadent. Simply decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun treat for the boys - cute putting them in the little truck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Fluff! And I love the trucks as prop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound wonderful + I love that they're gelatin-free, as i try to use gelatin only if i absolutely need it. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that I'm following you! Love this recipe...love it even more that it's gelatin free. Thanks so much for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look delicious, Oreos are always a hit around here too! And I love that adorable picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! Oh and they look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cookies and cream anything is always a big hit in my house. I'm surely going to be trying this recipe soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for doing such a great job from my blog this month. Perfect choice for a recipe to make. We all love these RKT! Happy to "meet" you through SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute picture! and these rice krispie treats look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the picture! It's so cute :)
    They look absolutely delicious!

    Thank you for linking up to Tasty Thursday and happy (super late) reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow these look amazing!! Right up my alley :) I had Dorothy's blog for a previous reveal - loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow. never considered making rice krispie treats with fluff before. very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}